2017 Spring Golf Outing Results
Hi Guys - it was a great day for the Y's Men on the golf course. We had a good competition using our updated rules, the weather cooperated, and I think everyone enjoyed the day. Thanks for participating.
Here are the winners:
Golf Travel Team
2017 Spring Golf Outing
2016 Fall Golf Outing Results
Hi Guys - it was a great day for the Y's Men on the golf course. We had quite a challenge working around the army of equipment working on aerating the fairways but we had a good competition, the weather cooperated, and I think everyone enjoyed the day, Thanks for participating.
Here are the winners:
2016 Fall Golf Outing
The Y's Men Fall Golf Outing will be held at Longshore Golf Course on Wednesday, Oct 5th at 10:00 AM. The entry fee will be $55 which will be payable at the first tee on the day of the tourney. The format will be a "Florida Scramble" utilizing teams of four players. Teams will be assigned at random. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st Place "Low Gross" team and to individual golfers for the "Longest Drive", "Closest to the Line", and "Closest to the Pin" on holes 8 and 15. Golf news and tourney information will be posted on the Y's Men website under Golf in the activities section. Dick Hagan and Ed Simek will be coordinating the golf outing. You can enter by signing up at the T&E desk or by contacting Dick at hagarnew @att.net or 203- 650-2317.
Come on out and join the fun. You don't have to be a great golfer to enjoy the day.
2016 Spring Golf Outing Results
Hi Guys - it was a great day for the Y's Men on the golf course. The golf was a little shaky at times but we had a good turnout, the weather cooperated and I think everyone enjoyed the day, Thanks for participating.
Ist Team Low Gross - with a great team score of 71
2nd Team Low Gross - with a team score of 77 (just edging out the team of Tom Lowrie, Jim Graves.Howard Wildstein, and Stu Rogan)
Longest Drive - Dan Wilder
Closest to the Pin (8th Hole) - Bob Leverte
Closest to the Pin (13th Hole) - Gun Moen
Closest to the Pin 15th Hole) - Bob Cote
Congratulations to all the winners!
All prizes will be available as credits at the Pro Shop as of next Monday.
I will be in touch next week about plans to get a group together to play other golf course in the area.
Keep you head down and follow through.
Y’s Men Fall 2015 Golf Outing Results!
Hi Guys - after a fine day of golf (a little chillier than expected) here are the results
Low Gross - with a team score of 73
Team #4 - Bob Leng, Ed Simek, Tom Lowrie, Dick Hagan
Longest Drive #16 - Phil Johnson
Closest to the line #6 - Tord Carmel
Closest to the Pin # 15 - Bob Leng
Closest to the Pin # 8 - Tom Lowrie
The Low Team Gross competition was a close contest. The other team scores were:
Team #3 - 74, Team #1 - 76, Team #2 - 82. One putt probably made the difference.
The winners will receive a $30 credit at the Pro Shop. I will drop off the money tomorrow.
Thanks to all who participated. Ed & I hope you enjoyed the competition,
Have a good winter. I'll be back in touch when the Spring Outing is on the horizon..
Longshore Golf Club - Oct 28th at 10:30 AM
$55 includes carts, range balls and social gathering
1st Low gross foursome
2nd Low gross foursome
Closest to the pin (2 prizes)
Closest to the line
Sign up at the Y's Men Meeting
We’ll have some great fun
so bring your “A” game
Spring 2015 Golf Outing Results
Spring Golf Outing
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Date & Location: Wednesday, May 13th, Longshore Golf Course.
Tee Times: First Tee Time at 11:00AM
Entry Fee: The entry fee is $55, payable in cash at the First Tee. The entry fee includes Green Fees, so you do not need to go to the Cashier Window. It also includes Tournament Entry Fee, Cart Rental and Range Balls.
Scorecards: Please use the Y’s Men “Team Scorecards” provided at the First Tee.
Posting of Scores. After the completion of play, the scorecards should be signed and turned in at the Pro Shop Desk.
Format: “Florida” or “Step Aside” Scramble with a twist: The basic rules for our Florida Scramble are:
- All four team members tee off on each hole. A fixed rotation order should be established before the first tee shot is hit and maintained through the entire round. After teeing off, the team selects the best tee shot and that ball is marked.
- The other three team members pick up their ball and PLACE (not drop) them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the chosen tee shot. The player whose shot is chosen does not play from this location (he “steps aside”).
- This procedure (the player whose shot is chosen not hitting), is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole until the best ball on the green is chosen and marked.
- All players putt. The first putts need to be made from within 3 inches (approx. a putter club head) of the original marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score. No gimmies.
- If a team has only 3 players, to compensate for the missing player (on a fixed rotation basis), one player for that hole will play as if he or she were the fourth player (for the entire hole). That means that if you are in the rotation for the missing player and your shot is chosen, you do get to shoot from that location.
- If a ball you choose to play is in the rough, a hazard (sand, water, etc.), or out of bounds, you cannot place a ball outside of the hazard or rough, or in bounds, even if relief is within one club length away. Out of bounds is out of bounds and cannot be the chosen shot.
- The team score for each hole should be recorded on the Y’s Men Scorecard provided at the 1st Tee. This scorecard will be turned in at the Pro Shop at the end of the Round
Tees: Play will be from the WHITE tee markers. Y’s Men 80 years and older may play from the YELLOW tees if their age plus their golf handicap totals more than 98. The honor system will be used for those who do not have an official golf handicap.
- Low Team Gross – the lowest total score without adjustment.
(in the case of a tie for low team gross score, the winning team will be decided on the basis of the best score for the last nine holes, the last six holes, the last three holes and finally the 18th hole. If this formula fails to produce a winner, the same formula will be applied to the first nine holes).
- Low Net Team – the lowest team score after adjustment. (will use the Calaway Scoring System with ties settled as in Low Gross). The Team winning Low Gross will not be eligible for the Low Net prize.
- Closest to the Line on #6
- Closest to the Pin on #8
- Closest to the Pin on #15
- Longest Drive on #16 (must be in the fairway)
- Winners will be announced at the Black Duck (about 5:30 PM). Winners will also be announced by email (to all participants) and may be recognized at the next Y’s Men’s General Meeting.
Ride, no walking. It’s a pace of play issue. Please play “ready golf” to keep the pace of play moving. Cart rental is included in the $55 entry fee payable at the first tee. Carts will be assigned by the Pro Shop.
Range Balls: John Cooper, the Longshore Pro, is providing Complementary Range Balls for all participants.
Governing Rules: The rules of the United States Golf Association (“USGA”) and the Longshore Men’s Golf Association (“LGMA”) Local Rules shall govern all play.
Course Etiquette: Please take the responsibility to ensure that divots are replaced, bunkers are raked, and ball marks on the greens are properly repaired.
The Spirit of Game: Unlike many sports, golf is played for the most part, without supervision of referee or umpire. This tournament will rely on the integrity of the Y’s Men to sort out any issues that arise within their foursomes with courtesy and sportsmanship with the overall goal of participating in a rewarding day of golf with friends.
Informal Gathering at The Black Duck: Immediately after the round, an informal gathering will take place at the Black Duck starting at 4:45PM. The Black Duck will provide appetizers and there will be a cash bar. Please tip the waitress individually for drinks that you order.
11:00 Ed Simek, Don Bancroft, Tord Carmel, Maury Hill
11:09 Tom Lowrie, Bill Mazo, Stu Rogan, Richard Schwam
11:18 Rick Towers, Hugh Bradley, Dick Corbin, Phil Johnson
11:27 Jack Farrell, Howard Wildstein, Allen Crolius, Myles Seideman,
11:36 Jim Graves, Woody Milone, Vic Fioravante, Peter Knight
11:45 Gun Moen, Alan Eugley, Carl Urbania
11:54 Bill Hass, Harris Usdan, Mark Spivack, Robert Mitchell
12:03 Dick Hagan, Pat Cullen, Peter Welling, Bill McCutchen